Thursday, January 4, 2018

What Are We Fighting For ???

Here is what Major Danny Sjursen thinks:

For a while there, I was a real star. High up in my class at West Point, tough combat deployments in two wars, a slew of glowing evaluations, even a teaching assignment back at the military academy. I inhabited a universe most only dream of: praised, patted and highly respected by everyone in my life system and viewed as a brave American soldier. It’s a safe, sensible spot. For most, that’s enough. Too bad it was all bunk. Absurdity incarnate.

The truth is, I fought for next to nothing, for a country that, in recent conflicts, has made the world a deadlier, more chaotic place. Even back in 2011 - or even 2006, for that matter - I was just smart and just sensitive enough to know that, to feel it viscerally.

You can read the rest @
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/officers-path-dissent/

I was never a star, but in my former life in the military I was a true believer.

No more. I can see clearly that we are on the wrong path and have been for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment