- Russia’s economy has successfully adjusted to dual shock of sanctions and oil price plunge
- Minor GDP loss of -2.3% for 3 years of sanctions will be completely recovered in 2017 with expected 2-3% growth
- Oil & gas share of GDP drops to below 10%
- Industrial production stable 2014-2016, soars in May by +5.3%
- Russia’s economy now the most diversified in the world. Exports remain relatively undiversified, but domestic production highly diversified and self-sufficient
- Debt Crisis predicted by Western pundits failed to materialize
- CB reserves intact and sovereign wealth funds solid
- Budget deficit never went below -3.9%. Tax collection soars in 2017, budget now balanced
- Oil & gas only 17% of budget revenue (2016)
- Inflation falls to near 4%
- Unemployment remains low at 5% level
- Demographic indicators reach all-time best
- Population at 146.8 million – all-time high
- Only clearly negative data: Salaries, disposable income and consumption. Retail sales down more than 10%
You can read the rest @
We are slumping while they are recovering.
Conclusion? The US is run by morons.
And I don't mean Donald Trump.