Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Sickness That Is Israel

I sense I’m breaking an unspoken rule with this letter, but I can’t keep quiet any more.

Today I saw a picture of a weeping Palestinian man holding a plastic carrier bag of meat. It was his son. He’d been shredded (the hospital’s word) by an Israeli missile attack – apparently using their fab new weapon, flechette bombs. You probably know what those are – hundreds of small steel darts packed around explosive which tear the flesh off humans. The boy was Mohammed Khalaf al-Nawasra. He was 4 years old.


I suddenly found myself thinking that it could have been one of my kids in that bag, and that thought upset me more than anything has for a long time.


Then I read that the UN had said that Israel might be guilty of war crimes in Gaza, and they wanted to launch a commission into that. America won’t sign up to it.


What is going on in America? I know from my own experience how slanted your news is, and how little you get to hear about the other side of this story. But – for Christ’s sake! – it’s not that hard to find out. Why does America continue its blind support of this one-sided exercise in ethnic cleansing? WHY? I just don’t get it. I really hate to think its just the power of AIPAC … for if that’s the case, then your government really is fundamentally corrupt. No, I don’t think that’s the reason … but I have no idea what it could be.


You can read the rest @

http://www.globalresearch.ca/today-i-saw-a-weeping-palestinian-man-holding-a-plastic-bag-of-meat-it-was-his-son/5457872

I know what it is. I've seen it my whole life:

  • Americans don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves;
  • Israelis don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves;
  • Americans are indoctrinated from birth to believe the Holocaust is the most significant event in world history, in fact the only event that matters; and
  • Americans are indoctrinated from birth to believe that Israelis can do no wrong, and that anyone who attacks Israel for any reason is deserving of annihilation.

Is any of that reasonable, or even sane? I don't think so, but that's the way things are, and the justification (if you can call it that) is a belief that Americans and Jews are G-d's chosen ones and that killing people who stand in their way is G-d's will.


If you disagree, please show me your proof. I would really love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment