Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I have a dream vs. I have a drone

Both Glenn Greenwald and Norman Solomon agree with my recent blog posts on the differences between Dr. Martin Luther King and Obama ad-Dajjal, and allow me to point out that they both said it more eloquently than did I:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/21/king-obama-drones-militarism-sanctions-iran

http://theava.com/archives/19725

The distortion of Dr. King's legacy kind of reminds me of the difference between Jesus and Christianity: we have distorted the legacy of Jesus in a similar manner. Many Americans harbor the fantasy that we are a Christian nation, but no one who truly understands the Gospels could ever accept that what we are doing is right. This makes me believe that the following scripture was meant for us:

Because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 KJV

God's servant Martin spoke the truthful words of Jesus; Satan's servant Obama ad-Dajjal speaks the lying words of his father. Note well which words Americans find more pleasing to their ears.

I find it very difficult to believe that we are God's beloved. Not only does He disapprove of what we are doing, He is giving us all the rope we need to hang ourselves, along with the strong delusion necessary to get us to put our necks into the noose.

No comments:

Post a Comment